Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

January 2, 2012

Hello 2012!!!

Glory to God in highest heaven,
Who unto man His Son hath given;
While angels sing with tender mirth,
A glad new year to all the earth.
(Martin Luther)
<>><><><><><><><><>

So far 2012 has treated me well! Ar and I have enjoyed a very relaxing weekend at home!! As I've said before, Ar works weekends - and quite frequently works them away from home. Anytime I have him home on a weekend is such a delight!! This was a nice, long, four-day weekend even!! All the better! Anyhow, we didn't do a thing that most people would consider exciting, but it was all very nice. I daresay it might have been in the top two New Year's Eves ever!!

The other one was when a group of my camp friends and I gathered in one of our parent's basements and played the dictionary game all night!! Oh - that was SUCH fun!! Good friends, good laughs - crazy times!!! Loved it!! That was a good 20 or so years ago. Anyhow, this one was wonderful in a very low key way, and because I didn't, for once, have high expectations of how exciting New Year's Eve should be. We just hung out together - what could be better - and enjoyed each others company! I made some delicious, slow-cooked beef stew, and johnna-cakes, for dinner. We boiled sweetened condensed milk in the can for hours - which we ate with apples, drank pink champagne, and kissed in the new year!!! Perfectly perfect!!

The rest of the weekend was lovely and relaxing as well. First thing in the new year, we went to church - it was a very joyful service. We've been trying out a new church lately, and I'm just loving it. It's laid back and joyful, and solid - just what I need. It also has a lot more service opportunities, which we've also been looking for, as well. Anyhow, it was also communion Sunday yesterday, which seemed a wonderful way to bring in the new year! After church, Ar, his daughter P, and I went to eat some Ethiopian lunch. The rest of the weekend, Ar and I watched football, I read, played some Words, hung out with Ar having fun, and did some puttering around the house.

So, 2012 has been off to a fine start!!

In other news, sometime last night, some of my thoughts turned a bit worried. I'm concerned that if AF doesn't come on time, as she's been a bit prone to do lately, then Ar may be out of town when it's ovulation time - and we'll be doing IUI this month.... So, I'm just praying that AF comes on time this time. Day 29 or 30 would work very well for me - that *should* put ovulation at mid week, which would be perfect. So, if you're reading this AF, please play nice for once!!!!

Or, if you want, you could just not come at all - and maybe let me get a BFP naturally... Just a wild, wacky thought... Ar and I really did have a good variety of sweet, nice times together over the weekend, which just happened to coincide with ovulation (probably, anyhow - who really knows for sure when you have PCOS!) Anyhow, silly me can never help but hoping for it to happen the good old fashioned way!!! Sheesh - that's just crazy talk, right.... sex leading to pregnancy... old wives tale!!! What am I, a rookie?

Well, that's about that. So, hello, 2012 - thanks for showing up!! I'm glad you're here and I hope that this is the start of a beautiful friendship for us all!!

To new beginnings!!! And to hope!!! Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment