Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

January 26, 2012

IUI day

Well, the title says it all. Today was the IUI!! It went smoothly, thankfully!!! However, Ar's count was only 1.6 million, so don't know why it was so low... the minimum is 1 million. When we tested in November, he was 8.3 million (total progressive motile.) But I guess that can go up and down a bit sometimes. I just got kind of psyched out because of some online comments about IUI being a waste of time and what not. But, I also talked with wise, encouraging, friends who told me to not let it get to me, and that 1 million is the minimum and they wouldn't have done it if there was no chance. Also, there was a forum of women talking about getting BFPs from counts of 1 - 3 million. Anyhow, c'mon you 1 million mini Ar-cuties!!!!

So, I am breathing. I am praying. I am not going to be freaked out.

As I said, the procedure was smooth and easy this time. I wore my ladybug socks. Ar came in after to sit with me. Then we got some breakfast/lunch and talked... It was a nice, relaxing morning. That Ar is so wonderful. Sigh. It was a bit hard to face work afterwards, though.

So, we will see. Right now I feel pretty crummy - very crampy and bloated. So, I think it's time for bed. Hopefully this part will pass quickly. I start Prometrium tomorrow... Yikes!! Then I test on February 10. I hope, I hope, I hope!!!

In the meantime, I'm so thankful that it went smoothly - and that we got through this first cycle!! Two years ago this was the cycle I couldn't face. We faced it and we are hopeful!!! Thank you, Lord!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. hi there. it's mims. i'm so honored that you invited me to your blog. i read thru almost everything. it brought tears to my eyes a few times. i'm so very saddened at the struggles you've had to endure but at the same time, i'm so hopeful for you both!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mims!! Thanks for reading it!! I always appreciate you remembering me about this stuff... Love ya!!!! H

    ReplyDelete