Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

January 25, 2012

IUI update

I just realized that it was exactly two years ago - late January of 2010 - that I was to have done the IUI with injectibles before... had I not freaked out, then taken that loooong break. What a two years it's been!!

This morning, day 14, I went in for another u/s to see how my follicles are doing. Little Lefty was 14.5 mm and Little Righty was 16.5! The nurse thought, based on that, that we would do the IUI on the weekend. Of course, as I've fretted about earlier, we couldn't do that because of Ar's business schedule taking him out of town on the weekend. After I told her about that, she said to schedule the IUI for Friday morning, that it's better to be early than late. She also had my blood drawn to test my Estradiol and LH. So I scheduled the appointments and went back to work, where I had to sit through the world's longest meeting... UGH!!! I kept my phone close to my side, knowing I would do what I never do - 1) have my phone in a meeting and 2) leave if the clinic called.

Well, a little later, the nurse called and told me that my LH is quite elevated. She'd spoken with the doctor and they said to trigger tonight - and IUI tomorrow!!!

I'm excited! I actually am!! I was never excited about it two years ago... I was nervous and terrified and desperate. There are all of those things within me still - but overall - I'm excited!!! I can't believe I'm back here - two years later. It doesn't feel like backwards - it's all forward. I thank God for bringing me to a place where I could take these steps again. Perhaps, as the great singer and songwriter, Rich Mullins, once sang, maybe he's "led me here, to where I'm lost enough to let myself be led." No matter what happens, I will trust in the Lord!!

Anyhow, I do wish that my follicles were a little bigger, but they said if the LH is up, then the follies are ready... so I guess it's ok. One of my IF online friends said that follies grow very quickly before ovulation and that my body wouldn't be surging/peaking if my eggs weren't close to mature.

So... YAY!!!!!

Also, one of my dear IF friends just had her first IUI today!! I could barely concentrate on work at all today, what with praying for her, and then learning that I'm ready and what-not!! EEEK!!! And then I found out another lovely IF friend is also doing IUI on Saturday!!!! We're the IUI triplets - and I love it!!!! Oh I so very much hope for all three of us!!!! Especially them. I don't know why, but I do hope especially for them!!

And I do hope for you, too!!

I hope and I hope!!!

Please, Lord!!

Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay. (Psalm 40:17)

1 comment:

  1. !!! Good luck! I am sure Friday feels like it will never get here. I am so glad you are making progress!!

    ReplyDelete