Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

January 9, 2012

Rarrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

As you can see, my new Dino IF socks have arrived!!! Yay!!!!
Ooops, I meant, RARRRRRR!!!!!



Darling Ar - hey, Ar rhymes w/ Rarrrr! I wonder if that's a coincidence or not.... Hmm...

Anyhow, darling Ar will probably shake his head in disgust if he happens to look at this blog post and sees I posted a picture of my feet... Mind you, he won't have a problem with me posting a picture of my feet in my new socks, but he will have a problem with my wrinkled pant leg there... You see, Ar is very concerned about pants being wrinkle free. I am completely, totally, and in all other ways, the opposite. It's not that I want to look sloppy - it's just that I strive to buy clothes that won't wrinkle (read: LAZY!!!), but these pants have let me down in that regard. Oh well.

I figured wrinkly pants didn't matter for a chiropractic adjustment where they'd be twisting me around to make everything else straight anyhow, which is where we were headed right before Ar snapped this picture (and grumbled a little about wrinkly pants...) The chiro visit was good. I felt a sense of calm while she did some massage, suddenly I found myself just praying... just a short prayer - but one of thanksgiving and trust. It sort of just came upon me to pray. You know, I am thankful. I am so thankful that God has been good. Through all of this, His mercies have STILL been new every morning - new every morning... Great is His faithfulness!!! I do not believe there's a specific reason for me to have IF, I don't - I believe that the world is fallen and there is sickness throughout it - and I do believe that my Holy Father is good, and is with me - and will be with me - whatever the outcome.

On a significantly less lofty note, after the chiro, we (ate at Denny's, then) went to our injection training!!!

Needless to say, visions of needles and bottles and powders dancing in my head doesn't exactly fill me with ease, but it seems straightforward enough, I guess. Ar will help me - actually, he'll probably just do it for me - so it will be ok. As we left the RE clinic today, I exclaimed, "RARRRRR!!" Just kidding, what I actually exclaimed was, "It feels so real, all of a sudden!!!"

Indeed, it does.

Today is day 27.

I finally believe we are really going back down this road. Wow!! I am just so thankful for the opportunity. For quite a while, I didn't think I'd be able to do this again.

So please, please, please, lovely old Auntie Flo, please come on time this month (unless I'm already pregnant, I say with a hearty chuckle!) so that we don't have a scheduling issue with Ar's business!

I asked the nurse if there was any possibility of getting a sample from Ar early, and freezing it just in case - because of his work schedule. She said they would not do that because it's just not as good. So... so be it!

Strangely enough, I really felt good that I asked. That might seem a silly thing to feel good about, but I had a worry... I thought of a potential solution... and I inquired about it, rather than just letting it worry me crazy! Granted, it didn't help - but I'm glad I asked because last time I just went forward with dread and anxiety guiding me. This time, I calmly -- asked.

Since the answer to that is no, we'll just have to pray and hope for the best timing on this. I've done what I can do about it, so now we'll see what happens. Ar is in a holding pattern too because of this, of course. He's such a doll about everything though (probably another thing that would make him grumble if he's reading this - doll, ha - but he is!!!) I'm so so so soooo (inexplicably) blessed to have this man love me so much!!!!

In other RARRRish news, I also had to call the specialty (mail-order) pharmacy today. They were supposed to call me last week on Thursday to arrange my delivery. Again, rather than waiting or fretting, I just took care of it - calmly and efficiently. Small things, I know - I have always been calm and efficient at work - but two years ago, I'd be in a state of very un-me-like panic about any of these IF related things. I was a rock at work, and a nutcase outside of work.

Anyhow, the meds should be here tomorrow. I'll be on Bravelle and then an hCG trigger shot.

To close tonight's post, I leave you with a little comment from my darling Ar, who said this to me yesterday after he got home from his business trip:

"Hon, ya know what I heard on the radio today? Well, apparently there has been a significant increase in the occurrence of twins, in, ummm, well -- "mature" women, lately... so I thought, 'gee, I sure hope so!! That would be great!!' "

Aside from chuckling over the very politically correct term for the fact that I'm OLD (in the context of IF, anyhow), I love that he thinks about it too, you know... He's not as, well, blatant, about his feelings as I am, to say the least... but he thinks about it and hopes about it. Sure, it comes about in a different way from me, but that's ok. Actually, thank God for that because, let's face it... this household couldn't survive with two me-s in it!!!!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)




No comments:

Post a Comment