Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

June 27, 2012

My last treatment

Today was IUI! I hope this will be my last treatment because I'll soon be great with child, have a healthy baby, and never need another treatment!! Otherwise it'll be my last treatment because we're out of insurance and can't afford more. I strongly prefer the former.

Everything went smoothly! Ar was a ROCK STAR!!!!! 22.4 million strong, my guy was!!! Me, on the other hand, had just that one 16mm follie. My friend told me that follies as small as 12mm can be fertilized though, so that was really encouraging!! The procedure was smoother than ever - thanks to Nurse Melissa!

Ar came in after, and I told him about his count - and how great it was. He leaned in close and informed me he's secretly been taking FOUR of the CoQ10 I've been having him take for the last several months. Yep, the family that ODs on fertility aids together, stays together, right? Well, it seems to really be doing the trick for him, that's for sure! Plus, they're gummy vitamins, so he is more than happy to take extra! Mmm, vitamins!!!

So, that's that. It was weird being in there, thinking this is the last time we'll be there. I guess, unless it works. If it works, maybe they'll want me to come in to confirm it - I'm not sure. Otherwise, I'd end up in the same building for an OB. But that's a big if!! It just all felt so final though.

Whatever happens, I'm grateful that we were able to do this. A year ago, I thought I couldn't do treatment again - ever. I was too overwhelmed and struggling with anxiety still. I'm so so grateful.

And so now we wait. Pray and wait.

Oh, and in related news.... not really, but I want this down for posterity, tonight was our bocce league night. I wanted to bow out, especially because it's about a bajillion degrees out today - but I know I'm not really restricted from anything, and I did work half a day today anyhow, so I played. I was ON FIRE tonight!!! Seriously!! I could roll no wrong!! I'm not usually anywhere near this good!! Ar and I combined were seriously unstoppable!!

Soooooo.... I couldn't help thinking that maybe it's a sign of good things to come. Maybe one of Ar's best and brightest will find my little Righty - just like those green bocces kept finding that pallino!! I know that's extraordinarily silly, but if you haven't figured out that I have dangerously high levels of silliness permeating my mind, then you just haven't been reading closely enough... Cause that's just how I roll!!!


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers and support, Tracy!!! It means a lot!!!!

      Delete
  2. Praying lots for the you, its such a strange and difficult 2ww but praying there is good news at the end. Congrats on your awesome bocce btw :)

    ReplyDelete