Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

June 25, 2012

Dare to dream

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." (Psalm 73:26)

Today we were back to the clinic for my CD11 u/s. Overall it was a very long and frustrating visit, involving u/s and lab delays, multiple vein sticks, billing issues, pharmacy issues, and having to drive to a whole other pharmacy because now we're "self-pay." So, what should have been 45 minutes was several hours. But Ar was with me and when these things happen it's sort of us against the world, so we still have fun and can laugh at all the absurdity around us. Also, we got a yummy lunch - a chicken pot pie for me, and then we shared a piece of blueberry pie. Yum!! Comfort food!!

The important thing though is how big are my follies. The answer is... I have only one follie this time, and she's 15mm. The size part is good, but the one follie part is not so good. See what I meant yesterday, double doses sure aren't going to hyper-stimulate me!! Not that I confessed to the nurse, but it's a darn good thing we've been taking more of the Bravelle than prescribed. I'm sure it would have been much worse if we hadn't been.

So this was pretty disappointing news.

Still, theoretically, it only takes one, right? It is still possible, of course - but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling down about this. I'd really hoped we'd maybe end up with three nice follies to up our chances.

But every day holds the possibility of a miracle, right?

Tomorrow morning I go back in for another u/s. (The u/s is $450.00 each, by the way. That's our discounted amount. Ugh!!! Nowadays, I hear cash register sounds with every step I take.) Anyhow, IUI will probably be Wednesday or Thursday. Oh how I hope it works!!

Today, while waiting for the clinic elevator, Ar said something very Ar-ish, which is something very sly, cute, and funny that only Ar would ever come up with. As I looked over at him, it just made me very happy that he was with me. Everything is better when he's with me! It also, once again, made me sooooooo want his kid. So I said, "If this works and we have a boy, I wonder if he'll come out with a full beard and a little baby Aussie hat, just like you?" I think it was one of those you-had-to-be-there kinda things, but we both cracked up. See, Ar has been sporting a full beard lately - very distinguished!!! His Aussie/outback hat has long been part of his signature look. He's the rugged sort - and I don't mind saying that he wears the rugged look quite well!! Anyhow, I just had this hilarious mental image of our little baby boy - a mini bearded, hat wearing Ar.

Dare to dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment