Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

June 10, 2012

And then there was none



There are only three more sleeps until I POAS. I hope the next two days will go as fast as the last few have. I'm all the more anxious to POAS now, because last night I saw that the most recent EOB from our insurance company had showed up. The last ultrasound billed is 100% our responsibility this time. We have reached the max that insurance will pay for our infertility treatment.

I'm so grateful that we've at least had a limited benefit, as many others have no infertility benefits at all. Still, we have already been paying our coinsurance amounts all along - and now... well, I don't know. I have to say that it seems that the end is definitely now in sight. We still have some FSA money left for this calendar year, but it won't go that far.

I knew we'd run out during this cycle, so it's not that it was a huge shock, but it's still upsetting now that it's here. I aimed for a healthy dose of denial over that subject. Plus, this current cycle was a lot more expensive because it went so much longer than usual. It was more ultrasounds, more labs, and more Bravelle than expected, so our FSA may end up almost depleted by this cycle.

Ar and I discussed this a bit this afternoon at lunch, but it's still uncertain exactly what we'll do. We are just so hoping that this cycle worked. If so, then this is it. However, if this cycle didn't work, I am not sure what we'll do. Originally we'd said we would do one more, if necessary, after insurance ran out because we'd have FSA. Because it was so much more expensive this cycle, I'm not sure we'll still be able to count on FSA to do that extra cycle, as planned. We'll see. It's hard to figure out exactly how much a cycle costs because every cycle is different, as proven by this one. We don't exactly have a big stockpile of cash to pay for much more treatment, which doesn't even have great odds for me. Probably, we'd still do the one more in June, if need be. After that.... ?

I think the end is in sight.

This problem was my first thought this morning when I woke up. My second thought was... but maybe it worked already.

We will find out after three more sleeps.

1 comment:

  1. Here's hoping and praying that stork knows something. :-)

    ReplyDelete