Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

June 12, 2012

A day early and a dollar short

Ar has to leave for work at 3:30 am tomorrow morning, and I wanted him there, so I cheated and POAS a day early. Why am I surprised? Did I really think it would work this time... just because everything seemed perfect? Just because this was our best cycle yet? Just because I've been feeling super funky for the last week or so? Just because this was the last cycle insurance would pay anything on? Were those reasons for a BFP? Nope... turns out they really weren't. They were just more nothings that resulted in a BFN.

Another BFN.

We went through our EOBs on our insurance website last night... sure enough, this last cycle's extra expenses are probably going to deplete our remaining FSA for the calendar year - and then some.

Ahh, just another red-letter day in the life of an aging IFer.

But my husband is a prince among men. What would I do without him? I'm so grateful for him. Of course, that just makes me want a child with him all the more.

Anyhow, tomorrow is the official POAS day, so I will test again tomorrow - just to be sure. But at only a day early, today's results would be extremely (95%) accurate.

I am beyond sad. I just feel... empty. But here I am at work, game face on. And all I could think of was this song by Flight of the Conchords, which at least provides me with some dark amusement. Yeah, I'm not crying either.

1 comment:

  1. So very, very sorry my friend. It is such a horrible road and I just wish I could whisk us both off it :( xoxo

    ReplyDelete