Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

February 28, 2012

Safe haven

These last couple days have just been difficult days. I don't even know why, but I just feel so down. I'm having a really hard time picking myself up and going... and doing... and being wherever, whatever, and however I'm supposed to. Ugh.

Part of me felt like, after all Ar went through to get here for IUI, that surely this one must be "meant to be." The reality is, life doesn't work like that. My experience has told me that time and again... I don't know, I just feel very blah and down. Yesterday I hoped I'd wake up renewed and hopeful again, but not so. I just feel every bit my 40 years, and I just can't see right now how I will ever be a mom. I just can't see it. I want to - I want to believe, and while, as I've said a million times, hope does spring eternal, I feel far from that hope right now.

I just want to crawl under the covers, snuggled up with Ar, and sleep till... a long time, anyhow. Maybe until I can stop wanting things that I don't think I'm ever going to have. Ugh - why do I feel this way? Is it a sign? If so, what is it a sign of? And why do I somehow feel that everything might be a sign. It isn't. Feelings are feelings. They aren't facts. They just are what they are and they can't run my life. They don't, but sometimes I feel like letting them.

I'm still at work right now, and Ar said he's going to have a nice big mug of hot cocoa waiting for me - and hopefully a nice, big Ar hug too. I guess I'll get going into the snow and ice, and go to my safe haven.

4 comments:

  1. It is such a blessing to have a safe haven to go to in these things. Signs are such crazy, deceptive things that play with your mind. I am constantly looking for them, even though I don't actually think that's how God or this process works. Praying for you, sorry it's such a tough waiting time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, LG!!! And thank you so much!!! <3

      Delete
  2. I really relate to warring against superstitious thoughts...signs that God has created life in me this cycle. But you are right, these thoughts, or assumptions, are different than hope. Whenever I read Psalm 9:18, I think of you, my friend. "the hope of the afflicted will never perish"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Erin!!!! What a lovely verse!!! It really means a lot to me that you think of me w/ it!!! Hugs!!! HJ

      Delete