Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

February 25, 2012

Ladybug socks



Today was ladybug socks day, aka, IUI day. Right now, I'm relaxing, watching a Psych marathon!! You know that's right!! I love Psych! I love Psych second only to Monk. When the marathon ends, maybe I'll pop in my Monk dvds.

Anyhow, Ar got home at about 3 am this morning, in good spirits - because he is a rock star!!! And I do mean the totally awesome 80s kind of hair band rock stars - the mother of all rock stars!!! So, he slept till about 6:45 am, then got up and went to the clinic. He waited until they opened the door to him - a little before 8 am, actually, which was really nice of them! He did his thing, and he was back on the road at about 8:30 am. He did find a person there to man his booth for the first few hours. He got there safely around 1 pm or so - and now - at 9pm, he's almost done with his super long day. I hope he has extra sweet dreams tonight!!!

I went in for the IUI at 10:30 am. It went fine. It was a little more crampy feeling this time, but it still went fine. Ar's count was MUCH better this time!! Last time, his count was 1.6 million... this time, it was 11.5 million!!! Can you believe that improvement?? I was over the moon to hear it!!! I was actually worried that it would be worse, because of the lack of sleep and extra stress, but it was better!!! BETTTTTTERRR!!!! I don't know why - was last time a fluke? Or is the CoQ10 helping? Or maybe it was because we took a lovely friend's advice (based on her hubby's experience) and had him take a little longer "getting there" this morning. Normally he gets his sample done as fast as possible - he's (understandably) not a big fan of that cold little room at the clinic... but today he took more time, per friend's suggestion. In any case - it was much better, so that was exciting!!

Well, after the IUI, I laid there in my ladybug socks, missing my Ar and praying. Suddenly, I was thinking about him and me - and baby makes three... I started thinking, "the three of us... just the three of us..." I was thinking of there being three of us!! It felt real. I know this is another one of those danger areas, but it also felt good - very good. I love the sound of "the three of us." Could it happen? Could there soon be three of us? I don't know, but I hope, and I pray.

Well, afterward, I got a little lunch, and bought some flip flops. (First ones of the 2012 season - YEAH!!! They're hot pink!!!) I then came home and took a four hour nap! Mmm!!

I am still feeling pretty crampy though, so I'm just laying low - watching Psych, playing Words with Friends, and doing Facebook, and now writing this post... All in all, a good day. Hopefully I will not feel so crampy tomorrow, but if it works, I don't care how crampy I feel!!!

So, let's hope Nurse Patty got me pregnant today!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, sounds like everything went really well. Praying that your dreams of three come true :)

    ReplyDelete