Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

February 10, 2012

The envelope please...

...and the winner is.... definitely not me. I did my POAS this morning, and it was a big, freakin, fat negative.

Then I went back to bed. I did tell Ar, who was still asleep and couldn't quite pull out of the sleep, but he did hear me and give me some love pats. He has a big weekend of work, so I didn't want to wake him up. I didn't really want to talk anyhow. I just laid there staring at the ceiling. I eventually just fell back asleep too, where I dreamed about the BFN and that I was sobbing and sobbing about it. When I woke up, I still hadn't cried though... I just feel --- empty. Very empty, like this dull pain is just permeating my body, leaving it devoid of everything else.

Empty - that is how I feel.

Ahh, but that is only a feeling, an important feeling, but I am, in fact, not empty. I'm not. I'm full of cells, and bones, and blood, and organs, and tears, and love, and hurt, and disappointment, and hopes, and dreams, and what-ifs. But right now I just want to sleep it all away.

I can't - I have to get my behind in gear for the girls' weekend. I'm supposed to leave in 25 minutes, and I'm still in my robe. I just want to stay in bed though! I love my friends, but I just want to stay in bed.

Sweet Ar already had to leave for his work. It was hard, especially because I did start crying right before he left, he was being so sweet to me. I just want to be in bed, next to him.

Breathe in, breathe out.

I was thinking though, that - well, at least I did it. I got through my first cycle back - and that's something, right? I had some bad days, everyone does, but overall, I did ok. I'm thankful, so thankful, for that. I knew the peace that passes all understanding, throughout much of this cycle. I pray for the Lord to fill me with that peace now, to fill me, rather than me making myself stay empty.

I know why I'd rather stay empty - theoretically, it might hurt less. Allowing the grief to wash over us is so painful, sometimes empty sounds better. I don't think it is better though, so please, please, Lord - fill me with your peace, your strength, because I am not nearly as strong as I once thought I was. And thank you for bringing me through this cycle.

Well, I best get ready for my weekend. I don't feel ready to face it, but here it is anyhow.

"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:18)

2 comments:

  1. Daer friend I am so very, very sorry. Praying for you through this time, for a weekend that is comforting. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( so sorry to hear your bad news. There's nothing that can be said to make you fel better, some things just suck. I don't know much about the treatment you are using, does it generally take several attempts? Most things do. *sigh* I hope you have a fanatic girls weekend. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....

    ReplyDelete