Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

August 30, 2011

Of stupid cars and girly parts


So I hate my car. I really, really hate my car!!!! I used to love my car - there's nothing even remotely wrong with it. It's been good to me. But I hate it. I hate it because when we bought it - in April of 2006 - we bought it with kiddies in mind. As if I really needed a station wagon - please! But that's why I wanted the car I have. I thought we'd have kiddies to fill it. Now I hate it.

Lately, every time I walk back to it, or think about it, I remember how we were "supposed to" have kids by now, and how we don't - and how we may never - and here I am, stuck with this sad reminder of a red station wagon. On the bright side, it has four cup holders within easy access to the driver's seat. That part is really awesome!!!

Anyhow, we're not in a place where we can just decide to get a new car just because I hate this silly IF-mobile, right now... it's all paid off and still has fairly low miles.

Oh well - just another one of those weird thoughts in the everyday life an IFer.

I also had a fun mammogram today!! Yayyyy - forty is so awesome!!!! Well, in fairness, there are a lot of nice things that have happened in my forties, too - like when I got carded ordering wine with dinner. That gets even more special with time. Also, Ar lately seems crazier about me than ever. Crazy guy! So, I guess I can put up with mammograms and my increasingly declining chances of having kiddies, right? Hmm.

Anyhow, mammograms always make me chuckle because, if you say it right, the name sounds so fun - like, "Candy-gram!" "MAMMA-gram!" It's not really all that fun, but it's probably a good thing to do anyhow.



Well, just to prove that hope really does spring eternal, I asked for the lead apron thingy during my mammogram - you know, just in case... I mean, sure - it's beyond absurdly unlikely - but I could be pregnant, right? Why take the chance? At this point it seems more likely that I'd sprout a tail or a third kidney, but it's not out of the question completely, right? Hmmfph! Knowing me, I'll probably sprout the tail...

But I will continue to know that with God all things are possible.

3 comments:

  1. The car thing is tough, isn't it? My parent's sold us their car, a beautiful station wagon complete with little tabs which have baby seat pictures on them. I used to look at them and cry, now I'm just used to it. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand how the car thing can make you feel weighed down...That's why when I needed a new car we went out an bought a Mustang GT Convertible...As pathetic as it is, it really made me feel better to be driving an awesome car that none of my friends could drive because they had kids. Granted, had I become pregnant I would have been in trouble but I knew the odds of that were slim and it was time to be happy for awhile... Lol.

    p.s. this thing won't let me post under my name..I don't know why...So I am selecting "Anonymous" but it's really Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, LG and Heather!!! It's so nice to be understood, even on the things that seem so silly!!!! I sure do want to go out and buy a convertible!!! A pink one, even! :-)

    ReplyDelete