Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

April 29, 2013

Skin of my teeth

Date night...
Heavy, heavy sigh. I had just finished an entire post about skin, being stuck, and freedom - and this horribly horrid dream I had yesterday. I was reviewing the post before publishing it - and then POOF - it was gone. I didn't worry because I knew it had saved as a draft, but somehow, instead, my entire text was replaced by a single letter: s. There was no bringing it back.

Ugh. This is actually quite frustrating. It was important to me to write what I had written. Several themes had weirdly come together. Plus, the dream is still haunting me. The perfectionist in me wants to rewrite it all, but the realist in me knows it won't be quite the same - and that it's 1 am and I have to work tomorrow. I guess, at this point, I should just put the photos back in.

Started at the park.
Freedom

Then wandered on to the capitol building grounds...




        


With a view of the cathedral.

And then stumbling onto this, still on the capitol grounds, which really resonated with me.

Week 17 of Photo 52: Skin

"Earthbound: Made captive, yet deserving freedom more."
(Milton, Paradise Regained) 
(Sculptor:John Karl Daniels)

The reason this statue resonated so much with me was because of how stuck he is....  Frankly, I don't know if I deserve freedom more, but I sure do long for it.




3 comments:

  1. Ugh, I'm frustrated too! I want to read your insightful words and beautiful word pictures! I know that is so frustrating when that happens. I know that writing things out is helpful so I hope that at least that part did some good for you. Seems like you two had a wonderful trip to the state capitol. I wouldn't have thought of that being a good datenight spot! Might have to try it sometime. Love, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa!! I'm still pretty irked about it... But you're right that even just having written it does help. Still - UGH!! :-)

      Re: date night - yea, we really didn't have a plan, just thought we should do something different. I'm good w/ sometimes wandering around and seeing where the trail leads, which is what we did, but that makes poor R a bit jittery. He prefers a plan. Anyhow, we started at Como park, then just kind of just ended up there on the capitol grounds - I'd never actually been on there before. It was really pretty interesting - and we were the only ones there. I'm glad we went!! Hey - I'm a cheap date, right? ;-) Then we went to Cosseta's and then those final pics were from the bluffs over the river.

      Delete
    2. Our last date was almost exactly like yours--only more in the car and less outside. Your photos are so beautiful, especially on the bluffs there--the last one of Ar is just stunning! BUT I'm so sorry you lost your post. I sometimes think when I am trying to unpack something that has a lot of layers I should really put it in a word doc and paste it in. But it seems I never do that, and I have been burned once or twice. Praying you can breathe easier soon!

      Delete