Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

April 4, 2012

Mama never said there'd be days like these



Today I pretty much came home from work, crawled into bed and started crying. Why? Who can really say? Granted, it was a frustrating day at work for both work-related and IF-related reasons, but I thought I was ok.

I guess it just gets hard to always hold it together in public.

Also, while I was showering this morning that six year TTC milestone I wrote about yesterday popped into my head. It occurred to me that if I weren't IF, then we'd probably have a five year old and a three year old, by now. Imagine that.

Meanwhile, women who started trying years after me - their children are growing like weeds.

Well, one week to go in the two week wait. In the meantime, I am truly thankful for a comfy bed to crawl into, for feeling safe enough to come home and cry without explanation, and for a hubby who cuddles with me - and then just decides to go get me comfort (junk) food, rather than the healthy dinner that was on the menu. I'm so blessed!

And sad. Sad and blessed.

Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. (Psalm 61:1-4)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me that it is okay/normal/possible to be sad AND thankful...to feel empty but still blessed...God mirrored his unfathomable emotions through woman's soul, didn't He? :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete