Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

April 20, 2012

Happy family

Last night I was telling Ar about what I wrote in my last post (Fair Shmair) and when I was done he said, "But hon - we're already a happy family."

My gosh - he's so sweet. He's also so right! It's true, we are a happy family already! Thing is, no matter how much I know we are the happy part (IF aside, we are a very happy marriage), I still have a hard time defining family without kids.... I love that he does, though - not that he doesn't want us to have kids, but that he sees us as a happy family, regardless. I love that. I love him.



Well, this happy family got a bit of good news today. I met with Dr. D., our RE. He always makes me feel so much better. He's just nice and gentle, and funny in a kind of funny way - and he's always realistically positive. I just feel good and safe with him. Plus, today, in the conference room he met me in, he put his feet up on the chair next to him for a while - stretching out his legs. It amused me for some reason. It's something I'd do, which should probably alarm me, I guess, but I liked it.

The bottom line is that he still feels very positive about our chances with IUI. Again, IVF is not an option for us, anyhow, so I was worried we might be done. But he reviewed everything and feels that we have a lot of potential. Ar was progressively better with each cycle. His volume and count have greatly increased over the course of the last three cycles. The first two cycles his volume was 0.2 and 0.5. The last cycle it was 1.2. 1.5 is considered normal. His count was 17. something million on that last one. Dr. D. was a bit surprised about these increases, so I mentioned that I "put" Ar on CoQ10. Dr. D. kind of chuckled about that, but he did write it down. I'm sure he hears all kinds of crazy things we IFers prescribe for ourselves.

Anyhow, he wants to keep doing IUI with the Bravelle - but bump up the dosage a bit this time.

I was incredibly relieved!!!

I also heard back from insurance - we still have funds for maybe one more cycle, after all. So that was also very good news.

The only tough thing is that I'm supposed to be on a business trip next month, during what should be days 12 - 14, depending on when AF comes. So I emailed my boss today (she was out today) and explained the situation. I just hope that she is understanding. It's really hard for me to do this, as I'll feel like I'm shirking my responsibilities if I don't go, but - as I said in my email to my boss - there's just nothing more important to me than this. It's really hard, but that's how it is. Every single month matters to us. If I have to go on the trip, we'd have to miss April (which we're already missing) and May. I hope and pray she understands and is cool with it.

So.... now I'm feeling a great burden lifted off my shoulders. I just need to wait for AF now. I hope the old biddy comes on time! Unless, of course, we get pregnant on our own this month. Ha ha!!!

I'm so thankful for more opportunities!! May May be our turn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment