Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

October 10, 2011

Dream, dream, dream... dreeeee-eee-eam...




So today is day 37 and AF is nowhere in sight. In the last five years, AF has been like clockwork. Morning of day 29 is the latest about 98% of the time! I've had just about two times when I went to day 30. Anyhow, as of yesterday, I've taken three pregnancy tests - all negative.

Some IF friends told me to contact the doctor, so I emailed my GP, who I think is awesome! Unfortunately, she's out of the office today. However, a nurse wrote back and basically said that there are many reasons for late period, including stress, cold/flu, and changes in diet/exercise. She said that I shouldn't rush to conclusions, but if I miss a second one to make an appointment. We'll see what my doc says though. I always feel like this nurse sort of blows me off. Like, when I finally acknowledged and gathered up the guts to email about my panic attacks in the spring, this same nurse blew it off, but my doc didn't.

Anyhow, I wrote back and said that I'm considerably less stressed than normal, of late, I don't have the cold/flu, and there have been no changes in diet/exercise... And that after TTC for almost 6 years, and going through incredible stress during it, this is the first time I have been late like this. So, we'll see what my doctor says. I'm sure it's just a fluke; I can't possibly be pregnant, right? Right!! Or could I? I mean, it's not impossible...

Meantime, I found myself this nice web page where all these women were talking about missed periods, negative home pregnancy tests, and negative blood tests - and then eventually confirming they were pregnant via ultrasound, at like 10 weeks or something. So, my stupid brain was reeling w/ these thoughts last night as I laid down... bad Heather, very, very bad Heather!!!!! (That's me, in case you were wondering! :-) )

I've also been having crazy dreams lately. The other night I dreamed that
I was eating salt by the tablespoon full, straight from the blue Morton's salt container - and enjoying it very much. Then Ar walked in and said, "Hey babe!" I replied, w/ salt falling down my face, and holding up the salt container for him to see, "How much sodium do you think this stuff has?" Then I cracked up laughing about what I said - so hard that tears started falling...

I also dreamed the next night that I'd found a baby and thought she looked like Ar.

Last night I dreamed that Mike McCarthy (head coach of the very awesome Green Bay Packers) sent me a Packers onesie! It was adorable, but I was kind of angry with him for it because I felt he should have known I'm IF and how painful that is. After all, he lived down the street from me (in my dream). However, I couldn't set the onesie down, even though I was so mad about it - I just kept, sort of, hugging it to me... Bad, stupid brain!!!!!!

Please, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment