Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

July 12, 2012

What's that I hear?

Could that be the fat lady singing?

I'm a pretty fat lady, myself - but it's not me singing, not this time - but I do hear the unmistakable sounds of a fat lady singing in the distance....

This morning we got up early so I could POAS. BFN. Big fat negative. Big fat negatory. Big fat no-way, loser!

I'm so freaking tired of this. I'm so tired of so desperately wanting something so wonderful, which apparently I just don't get to have.

There will be no more treatments, we can't do anymore.

I wish I could say I have no regrets, but even though we've done everything we could do, maybe if we'd gotten married sooner I would have had more time, maybe if I weren't so fat we could have afforded just one IVF, maybe if I hadn't had the anxiety problems I wouldn't have gained so much weight and lost so much time, maybe if we had more money we could do more treatment, maybe if I had more faith.... maybe maybe maybe maybe.

We did what we could, and what we thought was right, with what we've had. I just wish it had been good enough.

A while after I tested, Ar figured I should update the girls (my IF friends), so I went to Facebook. Of course I was bombarded with baby news. Births, birthdays, grandmas, cute sayings about how amazing moms are, happy, happy, happy... So instead I shut down my phone and went back to sleep for awhile. Now I'm at work, trying to figure out how to get through the day.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry HJ! Hugs to you!

    P.S. My word verification is blerspit. I think it's a word you might want to start using today. Even if only for a little while. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thinking of you with tears in my eyes. I'm free to hang out tonight and say blerspit and other choice words with you. Or say nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh HJ, no no no! I am so very sorry. And I'm sorry if my post was unhelpful to you in this horrible time. I'm so, so sorry! I wish I could get on a plane and give you a hug for real!

    ReplyDelete