Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

July 25, 2012

Thoughts for the day

I'm trusting the interweb that these quotes really are from Corrie Ten Boom, but you know what the great Abraham Lincoln said about trusting the internet for quotes, so who can say for sure....

The first one caught my eye on Facebook this morning, which caused me to look up others from her. Some I remember vaguely from reading "The Hiding Place," but others I trust are from her - but either way, they're good and they really hit home. Perhaps I should read "The Hiding Place" again.

“If you look at the world, you'll be distressed. If you look within, you'll be depressed. If you look at God you'll be at rest.”

Isn't that the truth? I can certainly attest to this - it's much like what I was trying to get at in my last post, Slava Bogu. Yes, may I have the strength of mind to stop looking so much within!!

“Do you know what hurts so very much? It's love. Love is the strongest force in the world, and when it is blocked that means pain. There are two things we can do when this happens. We can kill that love so that it stops hurting. But then of course part of us dies, too. Or we can ask God to open up another route for that love to travel.”
(The Hiding Place)


Yes, yes - I know the first part of this is true. I feel this every day - this love for the children I don't - and will probably never - have. It has been blocked at every turn... and it hurts like nothing I've ever known. I so want to just make that love go away. But do I really trust that God will open up another route? Do I trust that our childlessness can result in a life lived to the full?

“There are no 'if's' in God's world. And no places that are safer than other places. The center of His will is our only safety - let us pray that we may always know it!”
(The Hiding Place)


Yes, let's do pray that!!! (By the way, I have to admit that I sure wish by no "ifs," she meant no "IFs" as in no infertiles, but such is life. )

“When a train goes through a tunnel and
it gets dark, you don’t throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.”

This is a long and dark tunnel, indeed. Lord, help me to trust.

“There is no pit so deep, that God's love is not deeper still.”

Amen!!



3 comments:

  1. I've really found your last few posts so encouraging. Encouraging that you keep looking to God in these situations. Lots of hugs and prayers my friend and yay yay and yay for R coming home soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LG - for the encouragement and hugs and prayers!!! I'm so happy I have your friendship!!!

      Delete
  2. Love these quotes, Heather. Here is another "beaut" about Abraham's sacrifice on Mt. Moriah: If Abraham had had to turn the knife on himself it would have been easier! An act of pure faith is the death of what we love most so it may be offered to the loved one because only love is stronger than death. -Carlo Carretto Praying that God will create another path along which your love can travel, sweet Heather. And I know He is doing it even as I write.

    ReplyDelete