Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

June 15, 2011

Tacos and other endings

I just realized I haven't written anything yet in June. There's no particular reason for that... I've been thinking about it, I guess I've just been extra busy and haven't had as much time to mull things over. Though it's been said that the unexamined life isn't worth living, it sure can be a blessing to step back from too much examination, sometimes.

Ar has been home a lot lately - even on the weekends! This means I've had several very nice weekends in a row!!! I love when he's home! It's so much more fun!!! He'll soon start being busy with work again on the weekends, so I have to really take advantage when I can!

Still, here I am again... and despite the really nice last few weeks, I am having a bit of a meltdown today.

See, today is the first day of the last AF of my 30s. Weird!!!! I hadn't thought of it that way until today. I knew AF would probably show up today or tomorrow, and I wasn't terribly surprised when it showed up at work today. I tried to tell myself that... tried to say that I was expecting it... just take it in stride... tried to not let it get to me. I have plenty of experience dealing with it after all, right? But as I was walking from the bathroom back to my cubey, I realized that this is the last AF of my 30s.

Until today, there was some small.... miniscule... infinitesimally unlikely chance that I could still conceive a child in my 30s.... but now there is absolutely no chance of it. No last minute miracle. No hail mary pass into the endzone... nothing.

Sure, it could happen in my 40s... I'm not done yet. Not completely. Apparently there's still a 5% chance of conceiving in any given cycle. I'm assuming that refers to women who do not have PCOS, though...
"Fertility peaks in most women in the 20s, and gradually begins to decline in the late 20s. At around age 35, fertility starts to decline at a much more rapid pace. For example, in any given month, your chances of getting pregnant at age 30 are about 20%. At age 40, your chance of getting pregnant in any given month is just 5%."
The good news is that I've lost a few more pounds, but I'm still so far from where I think I should try IUI again...

I just feel like a freight train has hit me. I felt so happy the last few weeks... Ar was home. We were having fun. I've been planning my big 4-O bash... But now I just feel like I've been clobbered.

And there is just so much excessive fertility around me... so many newborns... so much happiness.

I did send a very nice note to my friend who just had her 2nd baby - I did this just today. After staring at her newborn pics on Facebook for about 20 minutes... taking every ounce of energy to keep holding back tears because I was at work and I have to have my happy face on there. I can't ever let them see me flinch, or so my boss has told me.

But Ar mercifully took me to lunch - tacos... my favorite. I appreciate him so much. But I just can't stop melting down....

And get this - I had an appointment with my therapist tonight, but I canceled. I just don't even want to go through the motions. I just wanted to be home. Besides, what can she say? What can she do? What's going to make a difference? What will make me feel better? Nothing. The only thing right now is that Ar took me for tacos today. I know he loves me no matter what. That's the only thing that even remotely is breaking through right now. I just feel so broken. Completely broken.

I guess that's all I have to say about any of that. Next time AF shows up, I'll already be 40. I'm sure my 40s will bring plenty more AFs... until they stop. And then.... ??? In the meantime, I just can't stop crying.

I'm not going to proof this or edit it, so forgive me if there are any typos or major flaws. I am just so tired. And everything hurts. And usually by now in my blog writing, some verse or song is popping into my head, but I am just empty right now. Nothing is coming but more tears. And so with that, I'll sign off for now.



2 comments:

  1. Lots of hugs and prayers coming your way. I'm sorry things are so hard for you at the moment. Hope you have a another restful, lovely weekend admist the hard stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you've been so sad :( It is strange to be going through very similar things and to still not know what to say to make someone feel better. Just know that you are not alone. Oh..and FB can bring me down faster than anything, sometimes I just boycott it altogether!

    ReplyDelete