Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

May 26, 2011

Roundness

Of course, as you might have suspected, AF indeed reared her ugly head during my Honduran holiday. I did my best to ignore it, but somehow it wasn't until AF came that people started asking if we had kids. Sigh. That's just the way it goes, I guess.

Nobody was obnoxious about it though, so it could have been worse. The lovely - HOT - weather and sea-water was rather therapeutic! It still sucked, but probably less than it normally does at home, or when I have to trudge into work and be surrounded by the fertile masses. (Two more colleagues had their babies, while I was in Honduras, by the way.)


Anyhow, I just don't understand why it has to be this way. And why do I keep coming back to why. Is there a reason? If there is, what difference would knowing it even make? Would it hurt less? Probably not. So why can't I stop asking why?


More importantly, what should we do next?

No really... I'm asking... what should we do next?


I need to lose some major poundage, at this point... I am so, so, so very angry at myself for how much weight I gained when the dreadful panic attacks started!!! I'm just so angry!!! How could I let it happen? It was hard enough just dealing with my weight because of my PCOS, but then I just lost complete control!

How could I let that happen? Didn't I have enough issues already? Apparently I thought not, so I just went ahead and stress-ate myself into an even worse place... Nice work!

How am I ever going to get this off? How could I let myself lose even more time?


I'm almost 40.

And I've lost so much more time - so many more months.

Did I mention that I'm almost 40!?!


Ugh!!!

But truthfully, there was no way I could have gone through IUI or IVF with the panic attacks and out-of-control anxiety. I just couldn't have, I know this with certainty. It wouldn't have worked and it wouldn't have been good for me, or anyone. The treatments are hard enough as it is.

I really am doing so much better right now, overall, thanks to the meds and therapy. But I'm not totally there yet. I can't stop the meds yet, I still feel completely inadequate, and I'm still far too fat.


How much more time will I lose, while I work on these issues?


I am down 12 pounds since I started the meds, so at least I'm now moving in the right direction, but I have a long way to go.


Thing is, I've started to feel ready to jump back into IUI, at least... but shouldn't I wait till I lose a lot more weight and am doing better?


Round and round she goes, where she stops, nobody knows...



Deuteronomy 31:8: It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment