Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

June 29, 2011

A dweam wifin a dweeeam....

Last night I dreamed that I was sashaying (actually sashaying!!!!!) down the street singing... no, more like - exuberantly belting out - the following tune,
"You've got to.... laugh a little... cry a little... until the clouds roll by a little.... That's the story of... that's the glory of... love..."
And all the people on all the streets were absolutely moved!! And no, I don't mean they all ran away from my awful singing - I mean that they LOVED ME!!!! They were mesmerized! It was seriously the best dream ever!!!!

Truth be told, I love to sing - and have no real shame about how awful I sound - so this dream was like a dweeam wifin a dweeeeam for me!! (That's dream within a dream, in case you're not a Princess Bride fan.)

Anyhow, I mentioned my dweam, errr, dream, this morning on Facebook. One of my friends responded with this, "Oh. My. Goodness. Gosh I love your posts. If you had a blog, I'm telling you, you'd get your own t.v. show..." Of course my ego loves the positive feedback on my humor, but I found her comment today to be beyond amusing since, in fact - if you're reading this you already know this - I already have a blog.

Of course, only Ar and two friends actually know about this blog, other than the friends I've met out here in Blogville. AND, as you also know, my blog is just not particularly entertaining at all! It's not intended to be. It may actually be downright depressing and whiny, come to think of it... But it's also been therapeutic. In any case, her remark was pretty hysterical in the, "isn't it ironic?" department.

Anyhow, it really made me think though. IF has actually kind of given me something good. It's taught me who my very truest friends are. Those who can really know me - struggles and laughs and everything in between - and still love me. They may be fewer than I'd thought, but that makes them all the more golden. I'm so grateful for this!

And I do love to laugh and to make others laugh, so thank God for all manner of friends. Those I can laugh with, those I can cry with - and especially those who I can do both with.

(Ar is most definitely included in that group of friends who love in laughter and tears, through thick and thin... even though the stinker says we're not friends because we're better than friends - but I insist that we're both!!!)

Well, again with the irony... this whole thought process started with a dream about me randomly singing the Glory of Love, which is actually quite fitting. So, I'll close with some Bette today. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Your blog is obviously serious and covers sad things, but you made me laugh with some happy Princess Bride memories "And Wuv. Twue Wuv". I really appreciate all you have to say, and I'm so glad to have found your blog and been able to share this journey with you. And friends who get it and aren't afraid to talk about it are so precious. Thank you God for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever thought about opening up your blog to your friends? I was going to make mine private at first but then I decided that I want to help my friends understand what's going on in my life.

    I can't tell you how many times I've been told that my blog has helped someone to become more understanding of infertility and has opened their eyes to how hard it really is. Most people have no idea what it's really like... Anyway, just a thought! I understand how private and personal it is too so it makes sense if you don't want to share it. Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete