Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

June 2, 2013

Wheel in the sky...

I'm such an 80's girl. Almost every word I hear turns into an 80's song. Right now my head is singing, "Wheel in the sky keeps on turning...Ooh, I don't know where I'll be tomorrow... Wheel in the sky keeps me yearnin' " 

Ahhh, Journey!! In any case, it's way better than the "What about Me" song I wrote about in my last post.  

Come to think of it, "Wheel in the Sky" may be from the late 70s, but that is every bit as good.  

So... Photo 52: week 21 - wheels. Whether or not we know where we'll be tomorrow, wheels are turning all around us. Utila sure had some different sorts of wheels than I'm used to around these parts.  

Photo 52, week 21: wheels
They also had a lot more wheels than I'd have expected...  here are very quiet moments on this street, but there were frequently scooters, motorcycles, and cars - yes cars! - zooming up and down here all day. It's a very small island, why anyone feels the need for a car is beyond me. Okay, so I think there are literally only two on the island, so that's not many, but if you came there you'd see why I still think it's two too many.


I should have perhaps photographed the traffic, come to think of it, but I preferred to try to ignore it. Carts and bikes and such seem reasonable and practical, but the super fast cycles and cars and taxis got a little out of hand. Also, there seem to be no traffic laws there than anyone can tell and it can be a little dangerous.  As I've mentioned, it's a little wild, wild west meets paradise.

I really liked these kind of wheels though, because it meant more things were being planted. Mmmm, breadfruit!


Mostly we walked places, but for two of the days, we picked up a set of wheels to go to the further reaches of the island.  Gotta love that new cart smell!!




Hey, baby... want a ride? 


Following friends to the water caves...


Putt-putt-putt... that's us! 


Speaking of putt-putt-putting, the wheels in my head sure have been turning. I keep thinking how I need some change - more than the super short new hair-do I'm sporting or the new tablecloth I bought yesterday, which is super cute by the way. Those things do help, but there's something more I feel I'm ready for, though it's not clear to me what that is.

I've been needing change for a while... something to brighten up the place, like adding that splash of yellow place mats did for our dining room. I've been thinking more about.... could we move to Utila - at least half the year? Could that work? I really miss being there, this time.  Or how hard should I work toward maybe moving back to Milwaukee area, where all my family is?

All I know is that I want - and need - to keep my wheels moving forward... to continue to work toward not dwelling on infertility, on my constant and overwhelming loss. There are successes and failures there, which is fine - as long as I'm mostly moving forward. I don't think I'm looking (anymore) to run away from my heartache, but to reconcile it better - and to still enjoy the journey - even if I don't quite know where it's leading. I do know I'm so blessed with wonderful travel companions, regardless of the details.

In any case, I actually have a job interview tomorrow! My first in... oh, eight or nine years. I've been at my company over 13 years now, in two different positions (my current position, I've been in for 11 years). It's an internal opportunity, so not the hugest of changes there - but it is on the other side of the world, from what I do now. I've started to get a bit nervous, just today.

So, Monday morning at 9 am, I'll be rollin' in to something new. Whatever the outcome of that, it feels good to take a risk - to try.

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for your interview! At 8:50am I will "say a little prayer for you" (another song for you to sing). Tell us how it went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, exciting! Ditto Mellissa! And now I want to see "My Best Friend's Wedding". Thanks Melissa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I love all your wheels, by the way. Especially the golf cart!

    ReplyDelete