Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

June 3, 2013

Nothing ventured....

nothing gained. I had the job interview this morning and.... well, I kinda stunk! I'm quite sure I won't be getting a call back on that one. Oh well. Hey, I went for it and ya never know of course - maybe she digs rambling idiots!! ☺

It does sound like it would be a good opportunity and I think I'd like it. I also told my boss about it today. I sort of fretted about that all day, especially since I can't imagine that I'll get the job.... but, though I have some disgruntled feelings about certain things in my current situation, I very much like and respect my boss of the last 11 years - she deserves to know and she's supportive. She says that if I don't get it, we'll see what we can figure out for making my current job more challenging for me again. Problem is, it's not really under her control. Nonetheless, I feel much better having told her because in the off chance "rambling fool" is listed in the job description and I get an offer, I don't want my boss blind-sided. 

So, chalk this up to something ventured - and now it's the waiting game. Perhaps all my experience with two-week waits will help me in this waiting game... 

Somehow my May photographer's choice photos seem to fall under the title of nothing ventured, nothing gained, as well, at least in my mind. 

This, this here...
Week 22 of Photo 52: Photographer's Choice
...is the gain for my venturing into a tiny oyster can with wings and being hurtled across the sky by psychotic, peanut-wielding strangers with death wishes. It's called Big Bite and Ar used to fish here when he was a youngin'...  Of course, that's true of much of the Utila shoreline. 

Ahhh, I sure wouldn't mind picnicking right there on Big Bite: Ar, sushi, and some white wine. There was no sushi to be found on the island, but a girl can dream. Then again, in this place of unbelievably rugged beauty, a girl would also "settle" for a picnic of almost anything. 


 This one, this is the ladder that Ar ventured to create...


...which allowed ma to venture down into the sea - her piece of the sea! The piece of sea, right off the piece of land where her mom grew up, where she grew up... where she raised four children, but where she hasn't been able to get into for so very many years. 

Don't you just love the look on their faces?  Such beautiful gain!!

Now this one... 


...well, I'm not quite sure what this is, but I surely do love this photo. (Insert heavy sigh here.) I hadn't ventured to pick up a baby in so very long, quite intentionally... it just hurts too much. 

Oh, but this baby - the one who I cried in the store, while picking out adorable shoes for - well, quite unexpectedly she actually picked me up and held on tight for those two weeks. She just could not get enough of me for some unknown reason. 

This one was taken the day that we ended up toting baby around the island for hours on the golf cart and tromping around the iron shores with, because she just wouldn't stop wailing and running after me when we were trying to leave the house - and wouldn't let anyone else come near her. I rather miss this little lady. 

I'm not entirely sure if this one counts as a gain or a loss, but venturing doesn't guarantee a gain -  just that you are more likely to gain if you venture. There's probably a little of both in this one...

1 comment:

  1. So right.... I'm at a crux of needing to do some venturing. Thanks for the push. I love all of these pictures and stories. I absolutely LOVE the little one and her love for you. God delivers his blessings in such strange ways, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete