Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

May 22, 2013

Far side of the sea

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 
If I go up to the heavens, you are there; 


if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.


                                    If I rise on the wings of the dawn...


if I settle on the far side of the sea...


even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.


If I say,“Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you."  



Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."  (From Psalm 139)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Heather.... these words have touched me today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad, Melissa!! I'd been thinking about the sea... and missing it, when I remembered so many references to God's love being endless and vast etc, like the ocean. And then this passage came back to mind. :-)

      Delete