Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

December 20, 2012

Hazy

As 2012 winds to an end, as the days get shorter and darker, and as the world has gotten itself covered in whiteness, cold, and ice, I find myself utterly exhausted - physically and emotionally.  I started off 2012 with the highest of hopes that I'd be a mom, or very nearly a mom, by the end of it.  Could that have only been a year ago?  I feel like I've aged 15 years.

It had taken so much to get back into treatment; I went all in.  When that didn't work, I wish we could have taken the next step to IVF, but it wasn't - and isn't - possible.  I still sometimes fancy that perhaps we'll just find a baby or two that needs us and it'll all magically work out.  Still, I no longer hold hope for any of these dreams of motherhood - high or otherwise.

Yeah, it's been quite a year.  Certainly there have been plenty of sweet, fun, and loving times too, of course, which I cherish.  Yet I find myself anxious to be past this next week of Christmas and back home again, but then I want to nap.  I want to crawl into bed with Ar and nap for a very long time - maybe years.  I don't mean the dead to the world kind of sleep, but the sweet, cozy, warm, cuddly kinda nap where you're a little in and a little out...  During those hazy times, you remember only all that is good and wonderful in life - not the hard stuff.  Hazy times are great that way, all is warm and cuddly and funny.  Once you wake up fully, there's memory and pain and tears.  Oh I am tired of memory and pain and tears.  I wonder if spring will ever come.

No comments:

Post a Comment