Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

March 21, 2012

Four on Eight

Today was cycle day 8, so in for ultrasound I went. I couldn't see the screen this time, but I could hear her clicking away on the measurements... Sure enough - I have four follicles: 10mm, 8mm, 6.5mm, and 6mm!! The last two day 8s had nothing that could even be measured - and I've only ever really had one follicle worth counting - so this is very exciting news!! It would seem the extra Bravelle shots did the trick!! I guess the little extra druggy craziness is worth it... especially if it pays off! C'mon little follies!!!!

(Say, wouldn't it be swell to have a picture of my four lovely follies to use as my profile picture on Facebook!?!? They're so beautiful, after all!!! Oh my, yes - that would be delightful!! Hee hee - sorry, the thought is just rather amusing to me!!)

Well, anyhow, I'll go back in on Saturday, cycle day 11, for another ultrasound. Last month I started ovulating on day 11 already, so I'm not sure what this cycle will bring. Ar will be out of town on business again during cycle d
ays 11 and 12, but we've already discussed the possibility that we might have to do IUI on Sunday, day 12, like last time, so we're a bit more prepared for that. Still, I'm hoping it'll be day 13. Mostly because if it's day 13, Ar would not have to leave his work early to come home for IUI.

Ok, ok - you got it out of me!! I confess, I have ulterior motives....

See, if it's day 13, aka Monday, I will - mo
st definitely - call in to work!! I have NEVER called in to work in the ten years I've been in my current department!! Not once!! My friend at work keeps trying to talk me into it, but I resist. I mean, if I were genuinely contagiously ill, I would call in - but that hasn't happened. I just haven't felt right calling in, otherwise. Anyhow, my friend believes it's in my best mental health interest for me to call in, so she has upped the ante... She's promised me she will treat me to lunch if I call in sometime this calendar year! I loves me a free lunch!!! So, day 13 would work best for Ar's business, of course.... plus, FREE LUNCH!!!! A conveniently scheduled IUI with multiple follicles, plus a free lunch!! Can't beat that, eh?

So, free lunch aside, I'm feeling hopeful about all the follies and such. Today I actually felt pretty good all around. The last several days I've
been exhausted and muddy feeling... today was better. Maybe it was the hopeful news - I don't know. On top of the extra Bravelle, I also started taking Inositol 500 and melatonin. I feel like a major druggy lately... hard to keep up with all the drugs I have to take and when. I'm pretty sure this is why I've been so tired. I don't think it's been depression or anything. Hopefully that's wearing off though. Of course, after IUI I'll have to start back on the lovely progesterone suppositories and those always make me tired too. Oh well.

In other news, Ar and I are planning a vacation for May!!! I'm very excited for that!! You know, maybe that perked me up for today, too. I just put in for the vacation time at work today, since we decided on the dates today. I admit that I had been feeling a bit bored in a way... I think it's that spring fever feeling. I sometimes feel lik
e wonderful and exciting things are happening for everyone all around me - for everyone, except me!! People are having babies, going on big trips, going back for more education, planning things... I don't know what people are doing, but it feels like I'm the only one who's doing not so much!! Truth is, I'm sure that almost everyone feels that way about everyone else, at some point or another. Ahh, life.

Anyhow, I've been feeling a little woe is me in that regard, lately - not too bad - but noticeable to me, for sure. So this gives me something exciting to plan for. We're going to road-trip it out west!! Just my man and me!!! (Will baby make three??? Hmm, not gonna think about that one!!) Anyhow, we'll end up in Portland, OR for sure, but we'll stop where ever we want along the way!! I'm excited!! I love
time together with adorable Ar!!! Plus, it's good to have something other than IF treatment, and the wide range of emotions that comes with it, to look forward to.

Besides.... everyone knows that the cure to infertility is to simply take a vacation, right? Yeah, a vacation - maybe I'll even relax - and voila!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment