Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

March 27, 2012

Double the fun, take two!!!

Hee hee - I could delete my previous (empty!) blog post, but I think it's kind of funny, so I'll let it just sit there... nice and blank. See, I wanted to write a blog post last night to give update about day 13. However, I was so achy and crampy and bloated feeling that I just wanted to go to bed. I wasn't really sleepy, but I was just so uncomfortable - plus, I couldn't bear to have the laptop on my lap...

So we went to bed quite early for us. Ar fell right asleep. I played a few games on my phone, and then thought that I could try to write a blog from my phone. I've never done that before, but figured it was possible... it is a SMART phone after all, right?? I didn't want to write a whole lot, anyhow. Well, I easily got a title put in there, but after that the keyboard disappeared and I could not, for the life of me, figure out how to get the keyboard back on there to write anything. I tried and tried, then I thought about getting back up and getting back on the laptop, but I didn't feel like that, so I just decided to cancel, but my fat fingers hit "publish," instead... so I published a blog title with nothing else. Then I went back to playing games.... I was snickering though, wondering if any of you, few and dear, readers signed up for email notices of a new post.... If so, I'm sure you must have first thought I'd gone a little nutty, then, upon further review, probably felt that it was finest work yet!!! I think you're probably right!! Ha! Well, it amused me anyhow...

All I was going to share was that I went in for an ultrasound - day 13, and I really did have double the fun!! I don't know if it was them or me, but I had to get the ultrasound wand twice AND had to have them try for blood twice! Ugh!!!

First, the ultrasound. The nurse kinda freaked me out when she couldn't find my right ovary, where my lead follie was on Saturday (day 11). This has never happened before. I was pretty alarmed that I may have started ovulating already, which would not be good. Well, she brought in reinforcements, and the second nurse found it alright. I had a lovely 19.5mm follicle!! That's my biggest ever!!

Then I went off to get my blood work - testing to see if I had the LH surge yet. Well, the lab person was poking around and poking around... UGH!!! She couldn't get anything and also called in for reinforcement. She got me right away.

As if regular ultrasound wands and blood draws aren't fun enough, let's do it all twice!!! Yay!!! Anyhow, it was fine - just a little unusual.

As I left, they had me schedule IUI for Wednesday. I sort of suspected that the blood work would lead them to call and tell me to change it to Tuesday (today), because I really felt I was there.

Lo and behold, that's exactly what happened!! The nurse called in the early afternoon and told me to reschedule for today. So, we did the 8pm trigger shot last night... and had IUI scheduled for this morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment