Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

November 29, 2011

Unknown blessings

"Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way."
(Native American saying)

Here we are in that lovely time of year between Thanksgiving and Christmas. So far I haven't found myself dreading the holidays, as I have many times in my infertile past. This may change, but so far, so good....

Thanksgiving was really nice this year! We drove six hours down to Wisconsin, hauling a cooler full of mashed potatoes, coconut macaroons, and Oreo Truffles (mmm!!!!), to spend time with my family and friends. It was a good time, but it was hard coming back. I am so ready to move back to Wisconsin, if only we could - so that part was hard. However, the holiday was really nice and I didn't freak out about IF, so that was good. Sometimes it's just the lack of freaking out that feels like victory - isn't that funny?

Anyhow, I really am thankful for so much! Despite the constant loss of that which I've never had, I know full well that I have been blessed tremendously.

But do I have the faith and courage to give thanks for unknown blessings? Do I believe they are already on their way? Am I ok with the possibility that they may not look like the blessings I want? Ahhh, these are some questions for me to ponder. Or maybe I should just step out in faith, because I know that our Heavenly Father is most certainly faithful!!

In sort of related news, on Facebook this week, someone wrote the following to me,

"Lees, you ARE a mother. You are just a mother without a child yet." And, "It's true, Lees. I honestly feel that way about IF sisters. We are mothers without children. It's in our hearts and just waiting to swing into action. That's why it's all so devastating to us that we can't get the child or get the child to stay here on earth with us. Who could be a better mother than one who has pleaded and begged for years, sometimes decades to add a child to their life. If you feel that strongly about it, it's already in you. Because, think about it, not all women want kids, and that's OK. But we're already mothers just waiting and waiting - and WAITING!"

That thought really struck a chord with me. Mothers in waiting....

As I write this post, this one song keeps coming to mind...

"You can thank the Father, for the things that he has done - thank him for the things he's yet to do.... and if you find a love that's tender, if you find someone who's true, thank the Lord - he's been doubly good to you."
Hmm, he has indeed been doubly good to me!!


1 comment: