Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

November 1, 2011

RE: back to my RE

This is just a quick update here. I've been struggling with a killer headache and neck kink the last day and a half, or so... It's kind of been knocking me out a bit, so I'll be heading to bed early again, tonight. But I really wanted to write down about my visit to the RE yesterday.

On the morning of, I was a bundle of nerves, of course. I was so afraid that the RE would tell me that I was too old or too fat to help. But Ar and I went for a nice lunch and talked a lot about our trip to Utila this past May. So that was nice talk and helped me feel calmer.

As for the visit, it was all good!! Dr. Damario essentially feels we should pick up where I left off 23 months ago - which would be IUI w/ injections, instead of Clomid. I'm nervous about the injections, as I hadn't done them before - but I think it'll be ok.

Since it's been almost two full years since my last treatment, he wants to do labs over, which I expected. So that's all fine. He did an ultrasound, since I was in the office. It's been a while since Mr. Wand and I have hung out together - but surprisingly, it was like riding a bike, as they say. Guess I'll have to get used to that again! Anyhow, the ultrasound was fine too - everything looked good.

Also, he was completely ok when I explained that my break from treatment took so long because of panic attacks etc. He now knows I'm on meds for that, and that I'm getting therapy - and doing well. He says that it's not unusual and that he's successfully treated many other women in this situation.

I felt so relieved!!! He's so nice and encouraging. As he was leaving, I told him that I was afraid he was going to turn me away because I was too old and fat and anxious.... He just chuckled and said, "No... you're fine - and we'll be here for you every step of the way."

He actually told me that "PCOS women have a lot of fertility potential - it just needs to be channeled better." I said, "I think that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me."

Next step: Thursday, Ar and I will go back in to the clinic. Ar will have to do another semenalysis, and I'll do some labs. On day 2 (in about 8 days), I'll go in for more labs - and then we'll go back to talk w/ the Doc., and review everything. Assuming all is well, which I am assuming, maybe I can do an IUI in December! We'll see.

So.... my first big step back was so far, so good!! Thank you, Lord!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad it went really well. And I love that comment about PCOS, makes me feel so much more hopeful :)

    ReplyDelete