Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

September 11, 2012

Of weeds and loveliness

The pimple tells no lies!! You'd think after almost seven years into IF, AF wouldn't catch me off guard anymore. Granted, the old biddy is a week early, but the pimple did sound her trumpets.... Actually, there were two pimples this time - an unusual development that briefly made me think that perhaps I'd somehow miraculously fallen pregnant!!! (Pause for laughter.)

Grrr, I truly don't understand why I have to have AF, if I can't get have kids. Isn't that one of the cruelest tricks of all?

In happier news, I met a friend for the first time, this past weekend. Hmm. Does that sound like I've never had a friend before? That is to say, I had the pleasure of breaking bread (and mimosas) with a dear friend, whom I'd never met in person before. What a funny world we live in!! She's one of my Facebook private group (aka my lifeline!!) friends. For all my difficulties with the ridiculously 90% fertile side of Facebook, it has certainly blessed me tremendously with fellow IF mates!!!

So my friend and her hubby came to town to visit some of their friends, and she took some time out to come meet with me for brunch!! It was absolutely lovely!! How strange, though, to only just meet for the first time someone I feel so close to already!

Well, I hope to eventually meet all of these lovely women, who've come to mean so much to me!! Ehem, including those who live clear on the other side of the world from me (wink, wink). Indeed, what would I do without such kindred spirits to cry, understand, encourage, laugh, dress as shrubbery, and devise evil plots with? What I really like about our small group is that I am certain if we'd met under other circumstances, we'd still love each other!! Somehow, our group is just special.

Isn't it amazing how patches of loveliness can still grow through such utter devastation?

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work; If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to meet. I have met up with a few women who I initially met online, and been teased excessively for it--but it's amazing the community that happens right here on "the interwebs". I'm grateful for the lifeline this group has been to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, H! I got misty-eyed as I read it. I feel the same way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an amazing group isn't it. Oh I can't wait to meet you, I am sure one day we can make it happen :)

    ReplyDelete