Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

July 24, 2011

A day of ups and downs

Today was a super fun day. I went to an old friend's wedding shower! She's so beautiful and truly happy!! I love wuv, twu wuv, after all! And I think that's what's going on here - it's one of those pairings that just seems so right!

However, I hadn't really been sure about going because I wasn't going to know anyone else there, but I really wanted to be there for her. I'm pretty extroverted, but I'm not really great about those initial meetings. I'm not good at small talk. I like just knowing people - and then I'm all about people! Also, I was pretty sure that it wouldn't be long before someone asked me if I had kids... and well, you know how that is.

Surprisingly, it ended up being so very fun - her friends are great and easy-going, like she is - and I just had a wonderful time! No one even asked that nasty question, which was amazing to me - since half of them were moms. Yay!! We were there all afternoon and into the early evening! Nice wine, good people - and a happy occasion! What more can ya ask for, for a Sunday afternoon? (But ooops - I'd told Ar I'd be back well before he got back from his business trip. I planned to have a nice dinner ready for him... Whoopsies!!!! He got home just before me.... But Ar was just happy I had such a nice time at the shower, of course, because he's awesome! I still whipped up something yummy for him!)


But then after dinner, while Ar was watching some show about animals, I happily checked my email and Facebook, only to find that my friend Ron, who I mentioned in my Reason Shmeason post, passed away today.... Oh, Ron.


Every time I saw one of his CaringBridge emails come in, I just dreaded opening it. I knew it would be soon, but I didn't want it to be. The world is so much better with this man in it. I had been on such a high after the fun shower, and now I've just crashed.


A joyous celebration of the marriage that will soon be starting - with all the hope and love in the world, but on the very same day, Ron's wife lost her hubby of nearly twenty years.

What about their date nights? They always prioritized that, no matter what. What will she do on date night? What will she do without the man she planned to grow old with? I mean, I just can't even bear thinking about losing Ar - I don't even want to think about it? I have enough worries as it is. I know one day we'll have to part, but I can't even bear the thought without getting freaky anxious again. But I digress, what of their three kids? They have to grow up without their dad. They're still so young. First dates, proms, graduations, weddings... life.... without dad.

Oh, Ron! You are one of the very finest people I've ever known! Your faith, your encouragement and advice - and fun, laughter, and love of life - is all still so much a part of me. Ron.... I know you're rejoicing in Heaven tonight, but this world is definitely a lesser place without you.



"But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words." (1 Thessalonians 4:13 - 18)

No comments:

Post a Comment