Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

November 17, 2012

This ride ain't no Tilt-a-Whirl

Tilt-a-Whirls make me shriek with a school girlish delight.  


IF does not.

Early this morning, I went ahead and POAS.  After all, it was CD 34 of a Clomid cycle and AF had not yet appeared.  I knew better, really, I did.  Aside from the fact of how incredibly smart I am and of how many times I've been down this road before, I knew better because my monthly pimple never lies.  Still, POAS is what we do, so POAS is what I did.   Of course it was a BFN.  Then I went back to sleep and woke up a couple hours later to discover AF had arrived.

I swear that AF somehow, someway just knows...  just knows and waits until one has even the smallest glimmer of hope.  Mine was pretty small, but not so small I didn't take Clomid this cycle, and then POAS on CD 34, err, make that CD 1.

I'm pretty sure I heard the sound of evil laughter in the background.

But I haven't even cried yet this time.  Maybe I'm all cried out now; maybe there are no more tears left in me after the other night...  Two nights ago I literally sobbed into poor, wonderful Ar's chest for more than an hour, repeating one of my favorite refrains dozens of times, "It's not fair, it's just not fair..." 

How do I get off this ride? 

1 comment: