Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

August 26, 2012

Still here



While I have been a bit MIA from my blog, rumors of my having run off to join the circus are grossly exaggerated. In fact, I am still here and still ridiculously unable to become with child. I wonder if the circus has a place for sad old infertiles?? Hmm, something to look into...

Anyhow, August has been super busy - mostly with vacationing, but work has also been quite busy. Now here we are, already nearing the end of summer - though it feels like it only just began. The signs are all here though: football is almost back in full swing and my Facebook newsfeed is brimming full of posts about every kid's first, last - or somewhere in betweenth - day of school. My, but don't they grow up fast? Indeed! Indeed if I had a dollar for every time I've read that in the last couple weeks, I'd probably be able to pay off my RE bill... Sigh. Well, I am happy, sad, excited, and bittersweet - or whatever my friends want me to be for them - in their children's next step in life. It's just.....

It's just that I so wish I could experience any of it. It's so hard to sit back and watch it all. It's hard to sympathize as much as I'd like with empty-nesters (at my age, I have friends with kids in every developmental stage), because here I am with a never-filled nest. I would so rather deal with a newly empty nest, than a never-filled nest. Wouldn't you?

Well, anyhow, the vacations (one fishing weekend with Ar and his daughters, and one week in the north woods with my family) had their very positive moments, but in all honestly, they were both more tough on me, than not. Most of this I will blame on infertility. Well, ok, actually, I should woman-up and admit that it was all my fault... After all, I'm the one who let infertility get to me. That statement just made me laugh (my sad, bitter laugh, that is) - I mean, how does infertility not get to you, you know? Anyhow, I became overwhelmed with my own loss and inability, and I let the abundant amount of mommy talk and the presence of children, who only remind me of what I cannot ever be, get to me.

As I've said about one million and three times in this blog and otherwise, I'm so grateful for what I have, but I have been given so much love that I just long to love more. I long to share this love. I'm ever so grateful, yet I long for more. Does that make sense? Honestly, I don't think anyone who knows me longer than five minutes would think I'm an ungrateful person. Yes, contentment and longing surely can and do thrive in my little ole heart.

Well, that's all for now. It's been a tough, yet also sweet, few weeks. There are some things I'm not quite ready to expound on just yet, but perhaps in later posts I will. I don't know what to make of it all. Life is messy, isn't it? But I'm still here - and I'm still determined to make the best of it.

4 comments:

  1. I think I can kinda get the gist of your feelings. My situation is obviously much different, but I think I have those same sorts of feelings about seeing people walk, run, ride a bike. I seriously have like 14 bottles of wine sitting over here waiting for someone to drink them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous, mmmm, 14 - eh?? I think we need to make a date soon!!! :-)

      Delete
  2. So glad you are still here! I've known you longer than five minutes and I know you are a deeply grateful and magnanimous person. As you are much more Facebook-savvy than I, I'm sure you have heard of Unbaby.me, which magically removes baby pictures from your feed?
    p.s. Circus-wise, let me know...I might be interested in attending an informational meeting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee, V!! I enjoy our informational meetings!!!

      Delete