Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

May 24, 2012

It's raining men! Hallelujah!!

Ok, it's not really raining men - it's just raining one really awesome man, and that's good enough for me!!!

But that song has been stuck in my head since Tuesday night, when one of the former contestants on the dancing stars show danced to it. My singing head was further encouraged by the fact that it's been raining buckets here today. Well, it's ok, because it's hard to be unhappy when your head is belting out, "It's raining men - Hallelujah!! It's raining men -- a-men!!!"

(By the way, and for posterity's sake, DD won the dancing show!!! Whoohooo!!!)

Anyhow, the rain reference did have some relation to IF -- ehem, is there anything that doesn't somehow relate back to IF???? Hmmm...

So, where was I? Yes, the rain. It was raining a lot this morning, like seriously raining cats, dogs, men, and buckets!!!! It was the kind of rain that makes the general driving public's IQ decrease by about 50%. I was nervous enough about my u/s appointment because of my lack of follicles on Monday. I was worried I'd find there was still nothing going on in there and that we'd lose this cycle. So my wonderful hubby drove me into my 8:20 am u/s appointment. Seriously, I'm pretty sure the general driving public's IQ actually decreased by about 70%.... ugh!! I'm so grateful for how good Ar is to me, in big and small ways.

Well, thankfully there were no fire alarms at today's u/s. However, I once again had Nurse Kristy, who once again couldn't find my ovaries. So.... Nurse Patty to the rescue!!! Anyhow, it was good news - I have follies on both sides for the first time, three so far: 11.5 mm on the right, and 10.5 mm and 9.5 mm on the left. Always before they've just been on one side.

Obviously, this was very encouraging!! Hopefully having two, or maybe three - if little 9.5 keeps growing - will do the trick!!

So, I am to stay on the 1.5 dose of Bravelle, which is a vial and a half - or 112.5 iu, tonight, Friday, and Saturday night. I go in for another u/s on Sunday, which is CD 17. I really can't understand why this is all so delayed this time, but if there are more and they are growing, I guess it doesn't matter, right?

Sweet Ar said, "Maybe they're better quality this time. You had them earlier before, but it didn't work so maybe being later is a good sign." I like that! I hope he's right!!

The bummer is that it's looking like the cycle delay is going to impact the get-away we planned for this long weekend. When we canceled our vacation the other week, we planned this weekend get-away figuring that by CD 17, when we're supposed to head out, we'd be all clear of IUI and into the 2ww. Not so, this time. So we'll see how it works out. We figure we'll just keep on canceling whatever we have to these days, in an effort to achieve this dream. If it works we won't regret canceling, if it doesn't - at least we'll know we gave it our all. I've gotten a bit better at accepting the uncontrollable, the shifting and the adjustments. It's tough, but our eye is on the prize.

I guess that's what makes putting up with all these extra doses of Bravelle tolerable. It sure seems to be making me sleepy, bloaty, and twingy though, that's for sure!! Yes, yes, bloaty and twingy - two of the lesser known of the dwarf family....

Anyhow, I'm grateful for the growing follies. I wouldn't say it's exactly raining hope for this cycle, but there are definitely some showers of hope falling on my head. I'm grateful for that, and I'm especially grateful that, come what may, my true Hope is not as capricious as those occasional showers are.


1 comment:

  1. Yay Follies. Keep on growing. I hope Ar is right, maybe they just need an extra week to be extra specially ready :)

    ReplyDelete