Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

September 17, 2011

Bubbles galore

I just realized it's been almost two weeks since I posted. Mostly because things have been a whirlwind of activities. This has been a busy season - lots of weddings and birthdays and fun. Oh, and then there was the big work fundraiser, and lots of busy-ness at work, in general.

Tomorrow Ar and I are heading out of town for a romantic little overnight. We want to take a river boat down the Mississippi, except that it might be too cold and rainy. Then we'll stay overnight - we got a jacuzzi room.

We haven't gone in a jacuzzi in ages and ages -- wouldn't want to damage his spermies, after all. We used to do that all the time, though - just relax and enjoy each other in a different setting. Pour in the bubbles.... Love it!!! But we haven't done it in ages. It's just one more thing that we set aside to try to have a little one. I don't know - we're going to do it. I mean, we've not done it all this time and it hasn't made a difference... If we don't do it one more time, and we still don't get pregnant, then we'll just have lost another time.

I was very "in your face, IF!!!!" (shaking my fist) at first, when we decided to do this. I didn't care anymore - we were getting back to that which we always loved! But then I realized I should be ovulating this weekend, then I started to waver a bit. I wondered to Ar if killing his spermies in the hot tub is such a good idea, after all.... He says he thinks that it'll just excite them! Ha! He does crack me up!!!!

Well, we're going - and I'm really looking forward to it!!!

But, as usual, something came up out of the blue today and zapped me again. Stupid IF!!!!

For one thing, I was in a new Target today and I kept getting lost looking for what I needed... It felt like all roads led to the baby section and I'd just end up back there, staring at baby everything and at the happy pregnant ladies, and I had to try to not cry.

Then I came home and checked Fertile Facebook just in time for more pregnancy announcements, complete with the mandatory ultrasound pictures... Sometimes I just stare at those darn pictures and... just cry. It's so hard!!! And how can any of them know how hard it is? It's not their fault, it just is - and it hurts like crazy. I wish it didn't.

But, good for them - really!! These are my friends and I'm so very glad they don't have IF!!!! I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, let alone people I care about.

I just wish I didn't have it, and I wish you didn't!!! And I wish it didn't hurt so much to see things like u/s pics etc.

And I'm sorry because I'm just plain ole feeling really down right now, it seems. I didn't this morning, but X always equals infertility. Hopefully I won't be so down tomorrow morning, because I've really been looking so forward to our little get-away. No, I will feel better tomorrow!! I will not let IF take my get away from me. I get all too few weekends with my Ar to let IF take this one from me! Do you hear me, IF? You are a dirty, rotten, scoundrel and you will not take my get-away from me, too!!!!!!

Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast. From birth I was cast on you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God. Do not be far from me, for trouble is near and there is no one to help. (Psalm 22:9)

2 comments:

  1. Hugs. Praying it's an awesome time away. I know what you mean, IF messes with so many things! This weekend I was going away and I had a blood test. But the nurse said "You can have it when you get back, enjoy your holiday!" So glad to have one more time away not ruined.
    Tough with your friend. Oh, so tough. Seriously- Ultra Sound announcements should be banned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, LG - it really was a wonderful time!!! Once we got into it, I relaxed and barely even thought about IF. :-) Thanks for your prayers!! Hope your holiday was great too!!

    ReplyDelete