Keep on keepin' on...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow!' (M. Radmacher)

August 17, 2013

Dark, and not very humorous, humor

Wanna know something funny?  I haven't told anyone else this yet, but it's pretty HI-larious!!

About a week and a half ago, I had some spotting. I very rarely ever have spotting, though it happened one other time recently too. Both times, because I'm not a very fast learner, it occurred to me that it might be implantation bleeding.  Get it? Implantation bleeding!!!  Good one, huh? I actually pictured myself telling Ar, this very week after AF would surely fail to show and I surely would get a BFP, that we finally made it there...  how weird am I?

Sorry, I suppose my IF humor isn't very humorous at all... but I have to try to poke fun at myself.  It's better than all the alternatives, which still happen, but laughing at myself does help.

Implantation bleeding.  Ahh, that's funny stuff. Like this old girl has any hope of having kiddies.  Ah well.

No, instead, AF decided to show up the very day we're heading for vacation - today. And that, my friends, is AF's dark humor. AF always gets the last laugh.

Anyhow, such is life. At least I didn't tumble out of a booth this week...  Oh wait...  I did - here it is, in case you haven't been reading my new blog - the one about new: Strange, but true.

Not that I'm feeling particularly whimsical, but I'm behind on posting my Photo 52 photos. I'm mostly going to post them over in the new blog now, I think, but this one makes me feel a little lighter at heart, so here is one from a few weeks ago, which I haven't posted in blog-land yet.

Week 29, Photo 52: Whimsy
I wish I could have had the time to circle around this adorable, whimsical statue to shoot it from different angles - but I was with a group of friends, who aren't as patient as Ar is at waiting for me to take a zillion photos of one subject, so I had to shoot and run. I do like the reflections though, and that all those cute duckies are in there... Aren't they too cute!? The photo could be better, but the statue is just wonderful!!

2 comments:

  1. That Aunt Flo is the worst party crasher ever. She needs to learn some manners. I surely wish I could talk some sense into her for you, HJ.

    I love your whimsy. I notice sculptures like that at garden centers all the time and am always tempted to take out my camera. Occasionally I do. I like that Photo 52 gives us permission to do stuff like that sometimes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still happens to me too. Just last month I was a couple weeks late and I couldn't help but think...maybe..just maybe.... And the thought occurred about what crazy timing it would be if I got pregnant right before taking a foster care placement. But then of course it all showed up. I wasn't emotionally impacted by it too much and I don't think I've even bothered with a pregnancy test in nearly 5 years but when that silly little thought enters into the brain, there is just nothing you can do to eliminate it. Except wait and see. I honestly don't think the hope ever fades...Until menopause...I'll give up then I suppose :p

    ReplyDelete